Font is a valuable resource for those who love design and creation. You can download them and use them in any software or project. If you want to learn how to use fonts in Canva, then this post is for you. We will guide you through each step of the process. You will find it simple! And if you want to learn more about the design industry, visit our SVG Trending Website. You will be surprised by what we have to offer.
To use your fonts on Canva, you will need to upgrade to the Pro version. You can read more about pricing and features here. Unfortunately, you cannot upload your own fonts to the free version of the tool.
Upload Your Font
- From the sidebar of the homepage, click on “Brand.”
- Click on the “Brand Kit” tab. If you have multiple Brand Kits, select one to customize.
- In the Brand Fonts section, click on “Upload a font.”
- Choose the file you want to upload and click “Open.” Only upload fonts that you are licensed to use.
- Confirm and wait for the upload process to complete.
Use Your Font
- Click on the Text Box.
- Click on the Font dropdown list on the top toolbar of the editor.
- Your uploaded fonts will appear in the Uploaded Fonts section.
- For fonts with multiple weights, you’ll find them grouped. Click on the arrow next to them to see the list.
If the fonts are not grouped correctly upon upload, there might be an issue with the metadata in the font file. Please delete them and update the metadata accurately before re-uploading.
Use Bold And Italics On Uploaded Fonts
Make sure you upload both a regular file and a bold or italic file if you want to use bold or italic fonts. For each font family, you can add up to 18 styles.
- The ” B ” and “ I ” buttons will be grayed out if you’re only uploading the regular version, not the bold or italic version.
- If you uploaded the font before July 2023, you’ll need to re-upload the font with additional styles to ensure it’s automatically grouped.
- When designs with older font versions are uploaded, they must be updated with newer versions.
- “Condensed” style fonts will always be uploaded separately.
- Canva doesn’t support variable fonts.
I hope that after this article, you will know how to incorporate your fonts into unique and creative designs, serving as a starting point for your design work, just as I started. Click on our Blog page to discover new and unique fonts, and use them in relevant themes. Wishing you success on your chosen path.
- How To Create Gold Foil Texture In Photoshop? Here’s The Answer
- 14+ Perfect Futuristic Fonts Collection For Your Design
- How to Make Transparent Text Effects in Photoshop